Monday, June 22, 2009

First Father's Day


Yesterday was M's first father's day. Can I just say that I love my hubby so much! He is such a wonderful husband and such a terrific father. He is so good with S and I'm so thankful for him. I always wondered what kind of father he would be. I knew he would be great at it, but he had never been around babies. When S was born, M became a natural overnight. He dove right in with no problems, bathing her, changing her diapers, swaddling (he was better than me), holding her, everything! While I recovered from labor, he took care of the house, me and the baby. He is my super hero! And now, 7 months later, he still takes such good care of both of us. He comes home tired from work, and is always willing to help so I can get stuff done. He gets on the floor and plays with S, bathes her and does whatever I need help with so I can get dinner ready or something... And no one can make S laugh like her daddy. All he needs to do is walk into the room, and S's face changes. She is all smiles and giggles for her daddy. It's so cute! I never doubted for a minute that he would be a good father, and he is the best of the best! I love watching him with her, they have such a great relationship. She is princess of his heart (I am still queen). I love those 2 and I'm so thankful for them!!! :)

Thank you honey for all that you do for us, for taking care of our family. Thank you for working hard so I can stay home and take care of you guys. I love taking care of both of you and am so happy to do this! You are the best, you have always been my hero. And now you are a hero to 2 girls! :) We love you very much and miss you so much when you are at work!

0 comments: