Thursday, April 13, 2017

8 weeks in...

Tomorrow marks 8 weeks since I've started my "healthier me" journey.  I've been doing Beachbody for 8 weeks and walking for 6 weeks.  I've changed how I eat, slowly.  I LOVE food, so giving up the junk food has been hard, but I'm noticing more and more that I WANT to eat healthier and crave the healthy foods...

This is the end of my 8 weeks, alas I will have to complete my 8th week next week.  I've been sick this week and feel like a truck ran me over.  I walked 3 days this week instead of 5 and have not done my beach body work out b/c I couldn't manage it.  I'm still working on eating healthy. :)

But in 8 weeks I have lost 7 pounds.  I was hoping for a bigger loss, but excited for the progress I've made.  I've also lost 6 inches overall.  My clothes are fitting better and people are starting to notice that I'm smaller.  It's kinda nice :) I have 18 pounds to go before my 35th birthday, and 4 months left! I think i can do it! I'm excited.

So what am I doing? People keep asking...
I follow the beach body nutritional plan. I bought these knock offs on amazon for $10.  You follow the serving size containers according to how much you want to lose and calorie intake.  I allow 1200-1400 calories per day.  So that is 4 red containers (protein), 3 green containers (veggies), 2 purple (fruit), 2 yellows (carbs), 1 blue (good fats) and 1 orange (dressings and such).  I eat all that per day.  Which I am "supposed" to eat it everyday, but I can't eat all that in 1 day.  It's actually too much food. lol I'm slowly trying to figure out healthier recipes and one of my new favorites is salad. :)



I am also doing 30 minutes of cardio a day.  I'm using the Insanity Max 30 work out videos.  Which as I've said, this is the last week, week 8.  But I'll have to redo it next week ;)  After I finish it, I'm not sure what video I'll use, I might redo month 2 of Insanity Max 2.  

I also power walk every morning, 2.5 miles which takes me about 45-50 minutes.  I started trying to run too, but I had to take a break b/c my arthritic knees couldn't handle it. I LOVE walking :) 

Aren't sunrises so beautiful?!?! 




0 comments: