Friday, December 7, 2007

Long week

Today was the end of a long week. I've been having a really hard time with one of my students, but today he was so great. I didn't have to yell at him once, and he was very sweet and helpful to our wonderful lunch lady. I had another student who really tried my patience today. I guess there's always one in a class. He is so smart, but lacks common sense. He likes to tell me how to do my job. It gets annoying after a while. But it was an ok day. We drew names for secret santa in class, I doubt my students will be able to keep a secret for a week. We'll see. The most trying thing lately is that they expect me to be "perfect" like last's year teacher. They are constanly comparing me to her, and it really upsets me. The difference between me and her, and there are many, but the main one is that she wants to be a teacher. She loves it. I tolerate it, but I don't like it. I enjoy parts of it, but I am not a teacher. People keep asking me why I do it. I love kids. But the truth is, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life. And unfortunatelly, you don't get paid to sit at home and think about what you want to be, so I gotta work in a job I can somewhat tolerate. Most days... I am hoping this will be my last year teaching. But I say that every year. Those kids are wearing me out. I have no energy left. They suck the life out of you.. What's up with that?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will get to rest some during Christmas break! :)

Just the 5 of us said...

Uh, that's nothing when you don't really like your job and you have no desire to be there in the first place.