Tuesday, August 20, 2013

31

I'll never forget the day I turned 25.  We had been living in our "new" house for 3-ish months and were going through some financial issues.  I sat on my couch that night sobbing with my husband.  Sobbing that nothing in life was going "my way", sobbing that I was so close to turning 30, sobbing that after 30 I'd turn 40.  

It all seems so funny now.  I'm laughing as I type this.  I HATED getting old.  I think what bothered me the most that night was the fact that I yearned to be a mother, and I celebrated yet another birthday childless (my 26th birthday I celebrated with my sweet girl in my tummy).  

So I sit here now, 6 years later.  I just turned 31.  I can't believe I'm in my 30's now...  Sounds crazy.  And that 25 year old that was freaking about turning 30?  Well, she's gone.  For the most part. lol  I don't like getting old, but I don't think about it anymore.  Life is busy and I'm blessed.  I am so thankful and blessed to be given another year.  Another year with my love, another year with my 2 sweet blessings.  These birthdays are a gift!  So I am super thankful to be getting "old" :)  So thankful to be 31 and praying for 31+ many other years!  I am working on not taking for granted that getting old is a true blessing!  Thank you God for this gift! 




0 comments: