This past weekend was one of the busiest, most hectic, most exhausting weekend of our lives! It all started on Wednesday. I spent 5 plus hours cleaning our new home and getting it ready for us. Thursday I spent packing last minute things and such.
Friday morning we got a small uhaul and hubby and I spent the day moving all the boxes and moving the garage contents into the new house. Hubby loaded up the truck all by himself. I helped a bit, then had to stay at the new house to meet the cable guy. His mom came and helped us unload the truck. We started at about 9:30 and finished at about 6 or so. Thankfully my sister kept the girls that day/night for us. That night we ran some errands and then headed back to the old house and stayed up till 2am packing away. I was exhausted!
Saturday we got the bigger uhaul and when we were done loading it up, we realized we had way too much stuff. It required 2 trips to get all our stuff. We are so thankful for all the help we had. On Saturday my mil and I started unpacking and setting up the house. I realized that there was no way the house would be ready for 2 very anxious little girls so I picked them up from my sister and they went to spend the night at nona's house. It was so hard for me to be apart from them for 3 days/2 nights. I missed them like crazy. But it was so much better for them to be away from all the chaos. We were up till about 1 that night working on the house.
Sunday we woke up and decided to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We just wanted a minute to sit and enjoy a meal and not be running around. It was so nice. We then headed back to the old house to clean up. I wanted to be there for about 1-2 hours, yeah, it took almost 6 hours to clean up and pack up some things that were left behind. We finished up at about 4 and then just stood there, in an empty house, thinking about the first time we brought each girl home. We prayed over the house and for our future in the new house. It was a bittersweet moment to drive away from the house one last time. I held back tears. 6 years in that house provides a LOT of good memories. :)
Sunday evening daddy went to get the girls while I continued working on the house. They were so excited to walk into their new house the first time. They love it! They love all the space and love going up and down the stairs. Our wonderful friends came over and helped set up the swing set and unpack some more boxes. We had our first dinner in the house, all of us together. :)
That night baby sister didn't sleep so well, but I think it was more that she had been in 3 different houses in 3 nights.
Monday I swore I'd take a break from unpacking. All the main rooms were done and it was just a matter of clearing the front room from boxes and unpacking the decor. The girls and I went to target and took it easy during the day. But by evening I couldn't handle the mess anymore. So I stayed up till about midnight and unpacked all my boxes!!! I was so excited to be done.
We still have the office to finish, but that's all hubby's stuff. My crafting stuff are also in boxes, but I need to buy a shelving unit before unpacking it. And our picture frames are still in boxes, but I know that will take me a while to find homes for. lol
Tuesday morning we met with the buyer and we closed. We are no longer home owners. Again, totally bittersweet moment. I'll miss that house. But it's exciting to be in a bigger space. We'll be renting for a couple years and then hopefully buying again. We both need a break from owning a home and need time to decide what area we'll want to be in.
So, it's been nonstop moving for about a week. But things seem to be settling down and we're looking forward to getting back to our normal lives.
goodbye house!




0 comments:
Post a Comment