Monday, June 3, 2013

2 years ago...

2 years ago, we were preparing for the arrival of our second born.  I was excited, nervous and anxious. Around 2 years ago this week, I had a horrible Monday, I could barely walk.  I thought it was braxton hicks b/c I had them through out the pregnancy.  But after a while, and talking to my sister, I realized I was in labor, at 31 weeks.  My contractions were about 4 minutes apart.  I called hubby and he came home, called the doctor who demanded I come in immediately.  So off we went.  By the time I got there, I was throwing up and my contractions were 1 minute apart.  Panic ensued in my family and everyone came to be with us.  Thankfully there were no other signs of labor and after I spent some time in the hospital hooked up on fluids, I was fine.  The rest of the pregnancy was hard b/c I had full blown contractions almost daily.  God was good and protected baby sis till it was time for her arrival :)  I was a bit surprised she stayed put, but of course thankful!

The night before her arrival, I was so nervous for so many reasons.  I felt guilty for leaving big sis for the first time, I was nervous at how she'd react to the new baby.  Of course any feeling of anxiety I had melted away the second I saw that sweet baby girl.  Oh she brought immediate joy to our family.  And as soon as big sis saw her she immediately loved on her.  My heart was happy :)  I still can't believe it's been 2 years.  

In 2 months baby sister will be 2.  2!!!  How is that even possible?!  So thankful for these 2 years.  Her little smile literally brightens up my days!

 She's at such a fun age.  I LOVE this age!  She is so happy.  She's learning new words daily and is astounding me!  She still calls me "mom" for some reason.  Daddy she gets it right. lol  Her sister is "sissy".  She has so many words now that I can't keep up.  Her first full sentence was a couple weeks ago, she woke up and said "where's sissy?"
 Her hair is getting so long, we started wearing pigtails to keep all that hair out of her face. lol  She looks so grown up and so stinking cute!!!  She loves playing outside and often brings me her shoes and asks for outside.
 She worships her big sissy and wants to do everything she does.  It's pretty cute.  They have moments where they fight, but they're finally learning to play together and get along.  Love it!
 They love playing in their playground and it's so fun to watch them learn to be friends.

 This girl is a DIVA!  She is SO girly and I love it!  She has to have on her bow all day. In fact, the first thing she asks for when she wakes up, is her hair bow.   When we go out, she always has to wear a necklace and is now getting into wanting bracelets. lol  She LOVES shoes!  Her favorite toy is baby (dady as she doesn't really say the 'b' sound).  She carries her baby doll around with a bottle and blanket.  So cute!

 This is her "cheese" face that I LOVE.  Such a cutie pie.  She has totally stolen my heart in a way I never thought possible.  She is still such a mama's girl and I love it.  When we go out, most of the time she refuses to walk, she wants mommy to carry her.  Which is sweet, though she is getting heavy. lol  I love her sweet cuddles and can't ever get enough!

At 22 months, baby sister:
sleeps 12-13 hours a night
naps 3-5 hours a day (so thankful for this)
wears size 6 shoes
wears size 4 diapers
wears 18-24 month clothes
Knows a lot of words
Loves her baby dolls
her favorite song is "ABC" and she loves the alphabet
REFUSES to eat bread, any kind of bread
Favorite tv show: Backyardigans and Super Why

0 comments: