Wednesday, June 5, 2013

almost done with Pre-K!

We still have about 2 weeks or less of our school year.  The combination of starting in September and taking weeks off here and there when mommy wasn't feeling good, we fell behind.  But we're catching up and I cannot wait to be done!  I told big sis we'll have a big celebration when we finish Pre K! She asked for Moe's.  I love her :)

I am so excited that we're almost done.  I can hardly believe it.  We'll still be doing some school through the summer, mainly math and reading.  I feel like if I stop with her, it'll be hard on both of us to pick it back up in August.

I will begin school with her this year in August.  I haven't picked a date yet, but it will be August.  Hard to believe she'll be starting Kindergarten this school year!  We got our curriculum a few weeks ago so we're ready!  We have so many books to read, what I love about SONLIGHT :)  And I'm also excited about the science and history we'll be starting this year.  With Sonlight, starting in K she will have a history timeline that she'll work on until she finishes High School.  So exciting.

My biggest worry is falling behind next year as well.  Even though b/c we homeschool we're more flexible, I want consistency, for myself and daughter, but mainly for her.  So I already told daddy that if there's a day I can't do it (migraines are unfortunately too frequent for me and leave me laid out and useless) that he'll have to pick up my slack and do it once he gets home.  He's happy to oblige.  I think this past year he was afraid to try, but there was a week that I had him teach her b/c I couldn't, and he realized, it's not so bad ;)  And he is so excited about all the books for next year, he will help me out if he needs to.  He is also looking into an art curriculum for her b/c that's her "thing" with him.  She may never do sports, HATED dance and broke my heart b/c I've always wanted a daughter in dance lol  But this little one is an artist!  So it'll be fun to see her blossom in that capacity.

0 comments: