For the past few weeks I've just been going through the motions, making sure the girls are taken care of, trying to survive through migraines. I hate that I'm stuck suffering through these so often. Today I sit here, feeling a migraine coming, probably due to the rainy weather. But trying to fight it. Today I decided that I needed a change. I picked up my Bible and read, I'm ashamed to say it's been a few weeks... And I prayed. I prayed over several things, but mainly that I'd honor Him with my day. Whatever I did. Today I did a lot of housecleaning and am working on laundry. It's "easier" to do those when I know that I'm honoring God. I need to make it a point to spend time in the Word first thing in the morning.
A few days ago we also found out that we should have an answer about our house within 30 days. It's both a relief but also leaving me anxious. We've been waiting since September, so we are ready for it to end. But will it end the way I want it to? I want the bank to sell my house and accept the offer we've had since October. I want a closing date ASAP so we can finally move. But is what I want honoring God? Honestly, I don't know. My fear is that if I don't get "my way" will I still be able to Honor Him? I want to. But knowing the way I am, I'm afraid that first I'll get angry and bitter. And I really dont' want that to happen.
I'll be honest, this trial (w/ the sale of our house) has been really hard for me. I have gone through bouts of anger, jealousy, bitterness, self entitlement and so many other emotions. I have an awesome friend who constantly reminds me that whatever situation I am in, I need to glorify God. So I pray through it. Even in moments of anger, I pray and ask God to help me.
If you guys can think of it, say a prayer for us. That our house would sell. And that we can be God honoring no matter the outcome. :)
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Will I honor Him?
Posted by
Just the 5 of us
at
12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment