Monday, June 17, 2013

More focused/ less pictures

Lately I've made a conscious goal to stay away from the computer/phone and be more focused on the girls.  They've gotten so used to me taking out the phone for pictures that anytime they see my phone, they say "cheese" lol  SO there have been little to no pictures lately.  I've been enjoying the moment instead of so concentrated on taking pictures.

Last week we went to the zoo splash park.  And other than 2 pictures on my phone, there were no pictures taken.  I didn't take my camera.  The girls and I played together in the splash park and I got soaked! :)  Baby sister was super shy and refused to go down at first, but as long as I was nearby or holding her hand, she started enjoying herself more.  Afterwards we went to the museum for a bit (we went out b/c we had showings in our house).  It was such a fun day and I made it a goal to interact with the girls more instead of playing on my phone or taking pictures.  Yes I'm guilty of getting on fb on my phone while the girls play. lol

We also ended up at the beach one day last week, though I can't remember which day it was. Ha!  Last week was such a blur. lol  At about 6 pm hubby and I had been so stressed, the girls could feel it, the whole house was tense.  So we got in the car and drove to the beach to watch the sunset.  I left my phone in the car and didn't take the camera.  We ran around with the girls, got in the water (ankle deep) got our toes nibbled by some fish and watched a very shy toddler go from holding onto mommy for dear life to running around in the water and sand.. :)  We even made a new friend, this cute pomeranian played w/ the girls.  It was too cute.

It really has been so much fun to focus on having fun w/ the girls more instead of being so focused on what looks good on a picture. :) We've made great memories this past week and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It's also been so nice to spend more time focused on the girls instead of on my phone all the time.  To be honest, I don't know why I'm on fb so much.  I mean, it's my "connection" to a lot of friends, so I love keeping in touch that way.  But they'll be there later, so while the girls are awake, I am trying more and more to not be on the computer so much on blogs or fb or pinterest or whatever it may be.  I want my girls to have 100% of me.

So thankful for my sweet girls and for making sweet memories!

0 comments: