Monday, June 10, 2013

Our weekend non plans...

We had a few plans this weekend, a cousin's birthday party on Saturday, church on Sunday then swimming at Nona's on Sunday.  We were looking forward to it all.

Then in the wee hours of Saturday, at about 4:30 am I hear it.  Not only is there an extra person in my bed, but I hear it, first the gulping, then I hear "daddy I'm gonna throw up".  I am the WORST at waking up from my slumber, but you have never seen me fly so fast upon hearing these words.  I quickly turn on the light, she runs to the bathroom, my main concern was she was gonna get it all over her hair and I wanted to pull it back.  There was no time.  I will spare you the details, but will say that my bathroom looked like a scene in a horror movie.  My poor daughter stood there, helpless, not knowing what to do.  For the next 30 minutes or so, daddy bathed her while I cleaned up the mess.
Who doesn't want to clean and mop at 4:30 am? :)

After that she asked if she could watch some tv.  Being that I knew she wasn't feeling good, I said sure.  So we sat in the living room while daddy went to the store for meds and supplies.  While he was gone, she asked for water.  Bad idea!  Another bath was required.  Daddy gets home with medicine and she and I cuddle and watch some tv.  I figured she'd crash within 30 minutes.  Not so.  Daddy went to sleep, and I stayed up with her.  It wasn't until between 8:30-9 that she finally fell asleep in my arms.  I watched her, so beautiful.  I've always loved watching her sleep.  I admire her long eyelashes, sure to be the envy of many girls who alter their lashes cosmetically.  Hers are naturally long and thick and beautiful!  :)  Then I crashed!!!

I woke up to the screams of a trapped certain toddler, longing to break out of her jail :)  I thought surely daddy who is closer to her can hear her.  Nope!  I was trapped under the sleeping sickie, so I texted daddy to get the baby.  She came running and grinning to give mama a hug.  After that we put big sister in bed and went about our day.  She was so sad to miss her cousin's party...

Sunday we took it easy, movies, playtime and just taking it easy. :)  It was nice to be together and not have any stress.  Though we sure missed being at the pool. lol  Maybe next weekend!

Baby sister is all about tea parties now, here they are having a tea party (puke bucket was invite too lol)  
Daddy is SO GOOD at playing with the girls :)


0 comments: