Thursday, January 17, 2013

I will survive

Lately I've been feeling bleh.. I've been going through the motions of the day.. Making sure the girls are taken care of, taking care of the house.. But I was/am tired ALL the time, I wasn't enjoying the girls.  I wasn't spending time in the Word as I should, it was very sporadic.  I felt like I was just surviving.



For the past few weeks I've been doing a daily Bible study with a friend.  We are reading through the Bible thematically.  It's been so great!  I've started praying that God will help me enjoy the girls more, and do more than just "surviving".  I wanted to spend my days being more productive and honoring to Him.  I want to teach the girls to be godly women, and I have not been doing a good job of that.

So I'm praying through it.  Praying for energy to get through my days.  This week I've noticed a change.  I've really been enjoying the girls more.  I've been more purposeful w/ big sister's schooling and we're actually enjoying it again.  It started to feel like a chore, something I had to get through.  And now we are both enjoying it a lot more.

I've also started doing some minor exercising.  Trying to get a bit into shape.  It is only b/c of God that I've had a good week.  It's only been one week, but I've started noticing changes in me, changes in my heart.  I am so thankful to be in the Word daily.  I know it's made a difference.

Hopefully I'll be more than just surviving from now on.  I spoke to some other moms, who all feel that they are in survival mode.  I guess even though baby sis is 17 months old, we still have times of just surviving.

Being a mom is HARD!  I worry constantly that I'm not doing a good job raising them.  And raising girls is stressing me out.  I'm their primary example of a godly woman.  Am I a good example?  Most days I don't feel like I am.  I pray that I can raise them to be God honoring, God fearing women.

looking way too grown in her capris and sperrys :)


0 comments: