Tuesday, January 8, 2013

trying times

Lately it feels like everything we try to do or get done has been a trial.  From having baby girl's surgery canceled due to congestion, to not being able to get her feeling better, to having car problems to a bunch of other small things.. The major trial we have is that we've been trying to sell our house for the past 4-5 months.  It has been the most frustrating, aggravating, angering process (for me at least).  Thankfully hubby has handled ALL of the paperwork.  My part has been to keep the house clean for showings.  We listed the house in September, and if I remember correctly by Oct/Nov we had an offer. The couple put an offer on the house before they ever saw it.  I thought, ok God's working quick, this is awesome.  I thought that by March I'd be out of this 1 bathroom cramped up house.  But nope.  My plans are NEVER God's plans and I am really having a hard time accepting this.  It took about 2 months for the bank to let us know that they would not be accepting the buyers offer, and now we have no more buyers.  We are back to square 1, our house is back on the market and I am awaiting the phone call to tell me we have a showing.  I HATE HATE HATE waiting.  I really do.

As I've said, I am having a hard time w/ all this.  I KNOW God's plan is greater.  I KNOW there's a reason for this.  I KNOW God puts trials in our lives for many reasons.  But knowing something and accepting are very different, and right now I'm not really ready to accept and move on.. I wish I were.
I am in the numb stage where I just ignore everything and keep myself busy.  I've spent all day cleaning.  And now I am sitting here trying to not get angry... I really wish I could be one of those ppl that handles their trials better and just accepts things as they are.  I've never been that way.  Maybe that's why I keep going through these trials.. bleh

James 1:2-3
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [c]trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces [d]endurance. And let[e]endurance have its perfect [f]result, so that you may be [g]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 comments: