We are also in the midst of several trials. One of which is the long process of trying to sell our house. It seems God is closing the doors on that one. Last week when the doors started to "close" I panicked, I got angry and bitter. I went to prayer. I prayed for many things, but mostly that I would handle the trial better and not get angry. I got so upset at myself for getting upset. So then it seemed that the sale would work out, but now the doors are closing again. I am surprisingly ok with it, even my husband noticed how calm I was through the whole thing. I have to say, it is not b/c of me, this is all GOD. I have stopped to thank Him numerous times today. I am at peace with this whole process, whatever happens. And I'm SO thankful for the peace God's given me over this.
For the past few months we've been feeling overwhelmed with so many uncertainties. It's so hard to wait and be patient. But I keep reminding myself that God's timing and plan is WAY better than my own. Just even looking at our past trials and seeing how God brought us through it all, is an encouragement to me.
I've been clinging onto this verse:
Proverbs 16:9
The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
And I absolutely loved this verse I came across yesterday:
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [a]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
I want to honor God with these trials and when I come out, I want to be able to say that it was only through Christ and that His grace was enough. I love that the verse says "I will rather boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." I just LOVE that, I want that to be me. I want God to be evident in my trials and when I come out of them.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Trials
Posted by
Just the 5 of us
at
7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment