When I was close to having my first daughter, I quit my job, and I knew I'd want to pick up a hobby since I was going to be home all the time... So hubby bought me a sewing machine. I started making simple pillowcase dresses for them. I always had my more experienced friends show me how to make things. In almost 4 years, I've only ever made 2 different dress patterns, but I've made a lot of them. lol
For the past 2 years or so, my machine gave me a hard time whenever I used it. It was SO bad, it made sewing miserable for me. So I quit. Then this past spring, I picked it up again, after a LONG time. The machine was even worse. I cried the last time I used it, it took FOREVER to finish a dress. I vowed never to use it again. Hubby then told me to buy a new machine. I was so excited, spent a week looking, researching and found my new toy :) It's a singer and I LOVE it! At first, I was overwhelmed by it. It has all the bells and whistles. My friend came over and set it up for me. Showed me a few things and I was "good" to go. I made 2 skirts for the girls w/ it and didn't touch it again. This past week, thanks to pinterest, I found a new pattern for a dress I wanted to try to make. I was nervous for 2 reasons, #1 I have NEVER tried a new pattern on my own, I always have friends "teach" me how to do it. #2 I was terrified of my new machine w/ all the buttons. lol
BUT the sewing bug got me bad, and after reading the tutorial 30 something times (not even lying) I decided that I could in fact do it! And I did, times 2 :)
Here's what I made:
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Cherries everywhere
My set up
My girls with their new dresses and bows, all made by mommy :)
Posted by
Just the 5 of us
at
8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment