Friday, September 21, 2012

LONG engagement

M proposed to me on July 26th 2004, we had been dating almost 10 months.  I always wanted a fall wedding, so we set the wedding date for September 2005.  Yep, 14 months away.. I used to want a 6 month engagement, obviously that didn't happen. Why a long engagement?
Well, I was set to graduate (remember I was 500 miles away) May 2005, M would graduate August 2005.  SO we set the wedding date for September, hoping we'd both have jobs and an apartment by then...

Anyways, a long engagement was the WORST!!!! And of course it didn't help that we were 500 miles apart.  Our entire relationship was long distance.   14 months of wedding planning was exhausting. I bought my dress right after our engagement and having to wait SO long to wear it, to have our wedding, to be married, was an emotional roller coaster.

The plus side of a long engagement?  There was NONE for me. hahaha

When I graduated the last week of May and moved back home, Mike and I had 4 full months of "normal" dating before we got married.  It was weird at first to be in the same town all the time.  But at the same time it was so good to just be together...We continued wedding planning, job hunting and preparing for marriage.  We had tons of wedding showers and we were so blessed by our friends.

us- taken in May right before our wedding

Stay tuned for wedding pictures! :)  

0 comments: