Thursday, September 6, 2012

homeschooling

Ever since I can remember hubby and I knew we were going to homeschool.  After big sis was born, I couldn't wait to get started! :)  When she turned 1 we started working on ABC's.  She learned them super quick, and by 18 months knew her entire alphabet and could count to 20 w/ a few mistakes.  After that the learning just kept going.  She LOVES school and loves to learn.  I bought any and every work book I could find.  She loves it and everyday would ask "mommy teach me something".

SO then came the decision.  Do we start PreK 4 this year, BEFORE her 4th birthday.  Or wait till next year when she's technically supposed to start in the school system.  Her 4th birthday is in November.  Would I really wait an entire year just b/c her birthday is 2 months after the cutoff date?  She is READY for school.

The beauty of homeschooling is, we dont' have to wait.  The choice is ours, and I chose to start this year.  We've had 2 days of school and when we're done she wants more.  I'm having a blast teaching again and coming up with lesson plans.  I am obsessed w/ coming up w/ fun crafts, she LOVES coloring, painting and anything artistic. :)  I'm so thankful for google and pintrest that helps me come up w/ the creative part of teaching.

I will say that the hardest part of homeschooling, is entertaining the 1 year old sister :)  Our first day she did great playing on her own in the playroom.  Today I decided to try something different, I put on The letter Factory for her to watch, but she was not interested and got cranky super quick.  She is more of hands on playtime girl instead of tv watching.  Which is good. :)  Her sister is the opposite. lol

Anyways, those are just my random ramblings about our first few days of homeschooling.  I am loving it, and she is loving it.  And daddy loves hearing all about it when he comes home from work. :)  So thankful for a hardworking hubby and for the opportunity to stay home and bless my husband and girls.

0 comments: