Sunday, September 16, 2012

Flashback of Us

September 24th is our wedding anniversary.  Hard to believe we'll be celebrating 7 years!!!  It has been such an amazing 7 years, filled with fun, tears, trials, blessings and so much more! 

Taken Oct 2003 the weekend we started dating

We started dating Oct 3rd 2003.  I had recently moved away from our hometown, 500 miles, to go finish my degree.  I was so excited to start a new adventure.  I had recently turned 21 and out on my own.  I had no interest in dating anyone, I was focused.  I intended on finishing my degree and then going for my Master's.  I was friends w/ M, and we talked daily.  I started to like him, but was nervous b/c we were 500 miles apart... In Oct he came to visit some mutual friends, who were actually my neighbors.. Little did I know that he was actually coming to see me.   I was so excited to see him.  We went on a walk at Duke Garden, it is such a beautiful place!  There he told me that he had spoken to my parents and asked their permission to pursue me.  In a previous conversation, we had both agreed that the only person we would ever date is our future spouses, so when he started talking about starting a relationship with me, we both knew that this was for the long haul.  

So began our relationship, long distance, for 2 years!  We talked everyday, emailed, sent letters... It was hard.  BUT it was, of course, what God had for us. I know it brought us closer together and made me much better at communicating.  

M was the first man I had ever dated.  We were both 21, I waited a long time for God's man for me :)  And it was SO worth the wait!  

Stay tuned for a flashback of our engagement :)



0 comments: